Polyethylene(PE) is a plastic, known for its high density ratio, flexibility and chemical stability. It is ideal for pressure and non-pressure piping applications. high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes are usually made of polyethylene(PE) 100 resin with a density of 930-970 kg/m3. It’s much lighter than steel pipe, they are easier to transport and install. Polyethylene is not affected by the electrochemical corrosion process, and it is common for pipes to be exposed to salt, acid and alkali conditions. The smooth surface of the polyethylene(PE) tube will not be corroded, and the friction is low, so the plastic tube is not easily affected by the growth of microorganisms. This ability to resist corrosion and constant flow makes the maintenance requirements of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipe very low. Polyethylene pipe can be made of reinforced resin, classified as PE100-RC, to slow down crack growth, which will have a long service life, and polyethylene(PE) has an economic advantage in the service life of the project.
Now that the durability of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes has been proved, when polyethylene pipes are used in water conservancy infrastructure applications, economy is very important. Compared with ductile iron pipes, the most obvious advantage of polyethylene(PE) pipes is that they can prevent leakage. There are two types of pipeline leakage: joint leakage, burst leakage(perforation leakage). This kind of problem is easy to deal with for polyethylene(PE) pipes.
The diameter of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes currently on the market ranges from 20-1600mm. In addition to municipal water supply systems, large-diameter plastic pipes made of HDPE can also be used in seawater desalination and wastewater treatment facilities. Large diameter high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes range from 315mm to 1600mm. Large-diameter high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes are very reliable and durable. After being buried in the ground, it can run for decades and requires little maintenance, so it is very suitable for wastewater treatment applications. The durability of the polyethylene(PE) tube increases as its size increases, and it has incredible shock resistance. Take the 1995 Kobe earthquake in Japan as an example. In the urban infrastructure; pipelines of other materials have at least one failure every 3 km, and the entire system of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipelines has zero failures.
Advantages of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipe:
1. Good chemical stability: HDPE has good chemical stability, does not breed algae and bacteria, does not scale, and is an environmentally friendly product.
2. Good connection strength: It adopts socket electrofusion fittings, butt fusion fittings or flange connection, with few joints and no leakage.
3. Low water flow resistance: The inner surface of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipe is smooth, with low friction coefficient and large flow.
4. Good resistance to low-temperature brittleness: the brittleness temperature is (-40), and special protection measures are not required during construction under general low-temperature conditions (0°C).
5. Good wear resistance: The comparison test of the wear resistance of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes and steel pipes shows that the wear resistance of high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipes is 4 times that of steel pipes.
6. Anti-aging and long service life: high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipe can be stored or used outdoors for 50 years without being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
7. Anti-aging and long service life: high-density polyethylene(HDPE) Pipe can be stored or used outdoors for 50 years without being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
We are not only a product manufacturer, also a solution provider, whether you have a Question or Request For Quotations, we're here to help.